Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cutting the Cord - Part 2

Comcast responds, harshly.

As mentioned in my last post, I have severed my link to Comcast TV, while maintaining internet services.

I received a phone call a few days later, from the "retention" office, offering me a package deal, since I'm so loyal.  Course, its also the same package deal they spam in my physical mailbox each week.  Anyways, their point is I'd actually pay less for 12 months for TV and Internet then what I pay just for Internet.

There was one big problem with that statement.  His price was more then what I was quoted when I cancelled.  After explaining to the rep that my quoted price was $56.95, He responded that the person was in error, and my actual price was more like $66.95.  "We don't offer packages of that price, I'm sorry for the error, your price is $66.95."

I did not back down, inviting them to listen to the conversation I had when I received the original quote, pointing out they specifically told me there would be an $3.00 increase because it was not a package deal.

The next response was very interesting.  The rep then pointed out that he must have missed the coupon that was on my account, giving me a $10 savings...er for 6 months.  Uh-huh.  How convenient.

So it looks like I'm back to the fight in 6 months.  In the end, Comcast ToS clearly states they can make the price whatever; whenever.  In the end, the only way to win, is not to pay.

No comments: